You can report directly from an individual Tweet, List, or profile for certain violations, including: spam, abusive or harmful content, inappropriate ads, self-harm and impersonation. For information about reporting other types of violations, see the How to report specific types of violations section below.
How to report individual Tweets for violations:
Learn how to report Tweets, Lists, or Direct Messages for violations.
How to report media for violations:
Learn how to report Tweets for media, and read the Twitter media policy.
How to report profiles for violations:
- Open the profile you’d like to report.
- Select the overflow icon
- Select Report and then select the type of issue you’d like to report.
- If you select They’re being abusive or harmful, we’ll ask you to provide additional information about the issue you’re reporting. We may also ask you to select additional Tweets from the account you’re reporting so we have better context to evaluate your report.
- We will include the text of the Tweets you reported in our follow-up emails and notifications to you. To opt-out of receiving this information, please uncheck the box next to Updates about this report can show these Tweets.
- Once you’ve submitted your report, we’ll provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.