How to change your time zone settings
Did you get an alert or notice that your device’s time zone is set incorrectly? The device that you use for Twitter has its own date and time settings.
Updating your device’s date and time settings on iPhone or iPad
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Date & Time.
- Slide the switch next to Set Automatically, to turn on.
Updating your device’s date and time settings on Android
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Tap General management.
- Tap Date and time.
- Tap the toggle next to Automatic date and time.
Updating your computer's date and time settings
For Apple OS:
- Click the Apple menu button and then click System Preferences.
- Click on the Time Zone tab and then click the lock to make changes.
- Set the time zone automatically or manually.
- Click the lock when done making updates.
For Windows OS:
- Click the Windows Start button and then click Control Panel.
- Click Date and Time.
- Click the Change Time Zone button.
- From the Time Zone menu, select your preferred time zone.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Date and Time dialog box.
Note: Check your device periodically for any updates. Ensuring you have the latest version of Twitter installed on your device will also reduce your chance of seeing error messages.