If you request, give, or receive tips (money or cryptocurrency) on or via X through a payment processor (e.g., by using X’s Tips profile feature or requesting funds in a post or Space), whether gratuitously or otherwise, you must comply with the requirements below.
Note: please read the below carefully, as this policy contains a binding arbitration provision governing resolution of disputes, including a waiver of your right to bring a class action and the right to opt out.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Your conduct and content must be in compliance with the X User Agreement, including the X Rules and our Financial Scams Policy. Among other requirements:
a. You must not request or give tips in exchange for — or to promote or encourage — content that is against the X Rules.
b. You must not request or give tips in exchange for — or to promote or encourage — conduct that is (a) illegal, (b) abusive toward others (c) hateful, or (d) could result in self-harm.
c. You may not use X’s services to deceive others into sending you tips via scam tactics, phishing, or other such methods.
3. Your conduct and content must be in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including sanctions, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, public administration, fundraising and content laws.
4. If you receive tips from other people, you are responsible for paying any applicable taxes or fees associated with tips you receive, and you are subject to the terms of any payment processors you use to accept tips.
5. X will not be liable for any tips that you may or may not receive, including if X suspends your account or prevents you from soliciting or accepting tips.
6. If you give tips on or via X, you acknowledge that tips are entirely voluntary and optional, that you may not receive anything in return, and that the tips you give could be sent to someone or used for a purpose that you may not expect. X is not a party to tipping and will not resolve disputes that arise between users. Giving tips to others will not grant you access to X content or features.
All persons who request, give, or receive tips on X must comply with the requirements described and referenced on this page. If you violate any of these requirements, act in a manner directly counter to X’s purpose or principles, or otherwise act in a way potentially harmful to X or its customers, we may take some or all of the enforcement actions outlined below — depending on the context, severity, and history of violative behavior:
- Limit amplification of your account via algorithmic recommendations to accounts that do not follow you.
- Pause or permanently revoke your access to X.
- Hide violating content while it is awaiting removal.
- Remove, or require you to remove, violative content.
- Take actions, including those above, that may result in you not being able to send or receive tips.
Dispute resolution agreement – binding arbitration and class action waiver
If you live in the United States, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be finally resolved exclusively through binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), through a single mutually agreed upon arbitrator, in accordance with the provisions of the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules, available at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1.800.778.7879, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. YOU AND X HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR JUDGE. YOU AND WE FURTHER AGREE THAT ANY CLAIMS MAY ONLY BE BROUGHT IN OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT ON BEHALF OF, OR AS PART OF, A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. THE PARTIES EXPRESSLY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO FILE A CLASS ACTION OR SEEK RELIEF ON A CLASS BASIS. Unless you and we both agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate proceedings or more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of representative or class proceeding.
If you wish to opt out and not be bound by these arbitration provisions set forth above, you must send written notice of your decision to opt out within 30 days of your acceptance of this agreement to the following address: X, Inc., Attn: Legal Department - Arbitration Opt Out, 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103. Your opt out must specify your X account handle. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction.