Help with uploading a profile photo
Be sure you're uploading your profile photo correctly. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to customize your profile.
Is your photo not uploading?
- Make sure you’re on twitter.com, or the Twitter app for iOS or Android. To upload a profile photo you must be on the web or using an official application.
- Check your file type. Twitter supports JPEG, GIF, and PNG file formats. Profile photos with nudity will be removed.
- Check the size of your image. Maximum file size for profile photos is 2MB.
- Check the dimensions. Recommended dimensions for profile images are 400x400 pixels. Recommended dimensions for header images are 1500x500 pixels.
- Try uploading one of the header images from our gallery. We have perfectly sized header images which you can apply to your account. If the issue you experienced is resolved, you can use our image as a template and resize your preferred image accordingly.
- Check your browser. Try either upgrading your browser so it is up to date, or try using a different browser. Your upload problem may be related to the browser or computer you're using.
- Make sure you click 'Apply.' Your image won't save until you do.
Are parts of your header image being cropped?
If you are using a header image with the recommended dimensions and notice that parts of it are being cropped, it is most likely because of the way these images are displayed on different monitor sizes and in different browsers (60 pixels on the top and bottom could be cropped).