Help with connecting a phone number to your account
Read this article if:
- You have sent Start repeatedly to your carrier's short code, but are not receiving any messages.
- You receive Twitter notifications on your phone but don't remember which Twitter account your phone is associated with.
- While trying to add your phone via SMS, you accidentally created a new Twitter account by typing SIGNUP instead of your username.
How to find out which Twitter account your phone is connected to
- Navigate to twitter.com on a computer. This link only works if you're logged out of Twitter.
- Click on the Activate your account link located on the home page as shown below.
- Enter your phone number when directed, along with the country code.
- If your phone number is linked to a Twitter account, we'll send your phone a text message containing a verification code. Use this code to confirm that the mobile number belongs to you.
- On the following page, Twitter will ask you to complete your Twitter profile. Your username will already be filled in. That username belongs to the same account your phone is tied to.
- If your number is connected to an account and you've already logged in on twitter.com before, the steps above will prompt you to log in with your username and email instead. Recover a lost password.
- If your mobile number is not connected to any Twitter accounts, you'll see an error message. Sign up for a new account.