Thank you for taking the time to learn about X’s policy for Subscriptions on X. Through Subscriptions, you can provide an extra level of content, access and conversation for paying subscribers.
In order to ensure that people and organizations can participate in the public conversation freely and safely, we have a set of policies all creators who utilize Subscriptions must adhere to, including eligibility requirements and content and conduct requirements.
Eligibility requirements for Subscriptions creators are defined below. These requirements have been developed to ensure that participants can derive the utmost value from the feature, reduce likelihood of conduct and content related harms for people on X, and enable learning and iteration on the feature and policy in the future. Note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance as a Subscriptions creator.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have a complete profile with an account name, a bio, a profile picture, and a header image.
- You have a verified email address. Learn how to verify your email address.
- You have secured your account by enabling two-factor authentication. Learn how to enable two-factor authentication.
- You do not have a history of repeatedly violating the X user agreement or X’s Content monetization standards.
- Your profile does not feature the identity of another person, brand, or organization, nor does it use a fake identity that is intended to deceive others.
- You are subscribed to X Blue or X Verified Organizations.
- You have a X account that has been active for 3 months or more.
- You maintain 500 active followers or more.
- You have posted content in the past 30 days.
X prohibits individuals and entities from using Subscriptions in violation of applicable laws, regulations, and/or the Subscriptions creator terms.
Conduct and content requirements
- Your conduct and content must be in compliance with the X user agreement, including X Rules. Among other requirements drawn out of X Rules:
- You must not request money or engagements in exchange for content or behavior that is (a) illegal, or (b) physically, psychologically, informationally, or economically harmful to you, other people or animals. In other words, soliciting money or engagements in exchange for illegal or harmful content or behavior is prohibited.
- You must not engage in fraud or deception. Do not mislead people into engaging with or compensating you. This includes not misleading people about which people or what entities are receiving compensation associated with your profile.
- You must only monetize content that is original and authentic, or otherwise content that you have the rights to monetize. If you share third party content (as background audio, for example, in a video you post to your Subscriptions), you must have the appropriate legal rights to do so.
- You must adhere to X’s Content monetization standards for all Subscriptions content.
- You must comply with the Subscriptions creator terms.
- If you advertise on X, you must follow X’s Ads policies. (Note that you must not promote Subscriptions content through X Ads.)
- If you are a part of X’s Amplify Publisher Program, you must follow X’s brand safety policies. (Note that Subscriptions content must not be monetized through the X Amplify Program.)
All Subscriptions creators must comply with the requirements described and referenced on this page. Should you violate any one of these requirements, act in a manner directly counter to X’s purpose or principles, or otherwise act in a way we deem potentially harmful to X or its customers, we may take some or all of the enforcement actions outlined below.
Eligibility requirement enforcement
If you do not meet eligibility requirements, you will not be able to be a Subscriptions creator. If you are initially accepted to be a Subscriptions creator but later X finds that you do not meet eligibility requirements, we may pause your ability to participate.
Conduct and content requirement enforcement
Depending on context, severity, and history of violative behavior, we may:
- Limit amplification of your account via algorithmic recommendations to accounts that do not follow you.
- Pause or permanently revoke your ability to participate as a Subscriptions creator.
- Pause or permanently revoke your access to other X products that enable people to support you with their money.
- Pause or permanently revoke your access to X.
- Hide violating content while it is awaiting removal.
- Remove, or require you to remove, violative content.
If your account is compromised
If we detect that your account may be compromised, we will disable monetization features temporarily until your account is restored.