My posts and hashtags don't appear in search
While we may not show every post in search results, here are a few reasons you may not be seeing yours:
- Are your posts protected? If so, only approved followers can see your protected posts in search results.
- Have you confirmed your email address? Make sure you have completed your account set-up and that you have a confirmed email address associated with it.
- Do your posts contain potentially sensitive content? Our safe search mode automatically filters posts with potentially sensitive content. Learn about the sensitive content setting and how to disable it.
- Do your posts contribute to the conversation in a meaningful way? We strive to show the most relevant, credible, and safe content in search.
My account doesn't appear in X account search
If your account does not appear in Accounts (or People if you’re using a mobile device) search results, check the following:
- Is your name and bio filled in? X Accounts search surfaces results with preference to those who have a complete name, username, and bio on their profile. Please note that it may take a few days for changes to your profile information to be reflected in search.
- Are you using X actively? It's important to post, repost, and mention regularly to gain resonance amongst your followers so that search results are up to date for your account.
Note: X search intends to bring you closer to content most relevant to you. Our results are refined to combat spam and increase relevance to provide the best possible search experience. X does not inject specific posts into search.