To post a post
- Tap the compose post icon accessible from your Home timeline, search tab, the Notifications tab, or profiles.
- Start typing where it says What’s happening?
- If you’d like to post an image, tap the photo icon You can add up to four images to your post.
- Tap post to post.
Note: Learn how to create a thread consisting of multiple posts.
To find and follow accounts
To find an account:
- Tap the search icon
- Type in the name or username of the account you’re looking for.
- A list of suggested accounts and trends will appear once you start typing.
To follow an account:
- Go to the account’s profile and tap Follow.
- If you see a post from an account and decide you’d like to follow them, tap the post to expand it and then tap the follow icon
How to bookmark posts
Use the Bookmarks feature to bookmark posts you’d like to refer to later:
- Tap the share icon.
- Select Add to Bookmarks to save the post for later viewing.
To access your Bookmarks:
- Tap your profile photo on the top left corner to access the Bookmarks menu option.
- Tap the home icon to get to your Home timeline.
- Your Home timeline includes the latest posts from accounts you follow.
- When the Home tab has a blue dot next to it, there are new posts waiting to hit your timeline. Pull down on your timeline to load these new posts.
- From the Home timeline, you can tap on an individual post to see the post details. From here, you can reply to, Repost, Quote post, or like the post.
- When you want to navigate back to the Home timeline, tap the back icon
The Notifications tab is where you can see how others on X are interacting with you.
- Tap the Notifications icon to get to your Notifications timeline.
- Your Notifications timeline shows you which of your posts have been liked, plus the latest Reposts (of your posts), posts directed to you (replies and mentions), and your new followers.
Profile and settings
To access your profile and settings, tap your profile photo. In the menu, you can:
- Tap Profile to get to your profile.
- To edit your profile, tap Profile and then Edit profile. From here you can edit your profile photo, full name, URL, location, and bio.
- Tap Profile to see your Following and Follower lists, as well as your posted Media and your Likes.
- To edit your settings, tap your profile photo, then Settings and privacy. From here you can edit your:
- Account settings, which include:
- Data and permission, which is where you can review Your X data and Connected applications
- Privacy and safety settings
- Notifications settings
- Content preferences
- General settings, which include Data usage
How to enable dark mode
- In the top menu, tap your profile icon.
- Tap Display.
- Under Background, choose Dim or Lights out by tapping your preference.
- To turn the feature off, select Default.
Read about Direct Messages and our Direct Message FAQs for more information. Note: X Lite does not support predetermined responses in Direct Messages (e.g. from business profiles).
*The X Lite app is available in the following countries: Albania, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belize, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Fiji, Finland, Gabon, Germany, Greece, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia (FYROM), Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Niger, Oman, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Zambia.