Community admins, moderators, and members must follow the Rules. When we take enforcement actions, we may do so either on a specific piece of content (e.g., an individual post in a Community), a Community, or on an account.
Depending on the severity and history of violative behavior, we may apply some or all of our range of enforcement options, including, but not limited to:
- Pausing your participation as an admin or moderator in Communities.
- Removing you from Communities.
- Removing or requiring edits to a Community name, rules, cover photo, and description.
- Temporarily or permanently suspending a Community.
- Account-level enforcements, including placing an account in read-only mode or permanent suspension.
- Reduce the visibility of individual posts, Community elements, or the entire Community.
When a Community is reported and found in violation of the X Rules
X suspends Communities that are in violation of the Rules. Suspended Communities will no longer be accessible and will not show up in the Communities tab.
Viewing my posts in a suspended Community
Any posts that you have made in suspended Communities will only be visible to you. You may delete those posts, but no further action can be taken on them including reposting, quote posting, sharing with others, etc.
Accessing my posts in a suspended Community
To access posts you’ve made in suspended Communities, download your X archive. For more information, read our article How to download your X archive.
Appealing a Community suspension
If you believe your Community was wrongly suspended, you can file an appeal. Only the Community admin may appeal the suspension.