The column of icons listed on the left navigation bar, including Home , Activity , Notifications , and mentions , represent your X Pro column order. To change the order, click an icon and drag it to your desired placement.
Note: X Pro does not support scheduled Direct Messages.
With collections, you can organize posts according to topics, events, interests, conversations, and more, all in real-time. Add your collections as columns, and post the URL to share it with others.
To create a collection on X Pro:
- From the navigation bar, click on the plus icon to select Add column. You can also use the keyboard shortcut A, to add a new column to your dashboard.
- Select Collections from the menu options.
- To start a new timeline select Create collection.
- Click on the Account drop-down menu to choose which account you’d like the collection to belong to. Type in a title for your collection in the Name field, and add a Description (optional).
- Click Save.
Tip: You can change the title and description of your collection at any time. To update your title, simply click into the title field and edit. To update your description, click the pencil icon to edit, then click Save.
To add or remove posts from your collection:
- Find a post you would like to add to your collection and select the more icon .
- From the drop-down menu, select Add to collection. You can also hover your cursor over your selected posts, then click the drag icon to add posts to your collection.
- Click the checkbox next to the collection(s) you’d like to add the post to, then click Done.
- Newly added posts will appear at the top of the collection column.
- To reorder posts in your collection, click the drag icon and move the selected post up or down in your collection. You can also copy a post from one collection to another by holding down the drag icon and moving the desired post to another collection column.
- To remove a post, simply click on the X icon on a post within in a collection.
To share your collection:
- Click the filter icon at the top of your collection to access the column’s options menu.
- Click the share icon, then choose between: Embed collection, View on x.com, or post about this collection.
Note: Only public posts can be added to collections, which are public and viewable by all users through the collection's URL.
When you begin to type characters into the search box, X Pro will run a real-time search that attempts to autocomplete your search term, surfacing potentially relevant search topics and accounts. Different search topics will be shown on the top half of the drop-down menu, whereas user accounts will be shown on the bottom half.
If you select one of the suggested search terms, you will be given the option to browse users related to that search topic or posts related to that search term.
It's easy to uncover sentiment surrounding a topic; simply search for a topic followed by a happy or sad emoticon. For example, you can create a search column with the keyword "San Francisco :)" to see posts regarding San Francisco in a positive manner.
X Pro’s column filters are a powerful way to customize searches by keyword, date and time, and to stay on top of new posts as columns quickly update.
Click the filter icon at the top of any column to access the options menu:
- Content: posts matching keywords, media type, dates and time, language, or including or excluding Reposts
- Location: posts geotagged in a specified locations
- Users: posts from a specific account, members of a List, or verified accounts
- Engagement: posts with a minimum number of Reposts, likes, or replies
- Alerts: post alerts through sound or desktop notifications
The asterisk is also a powerful filtering tool in a X Pro search column. You can run searches using the keywords such as “San Francisco is *.” This will yield posts containing text such as, “ San Francisco is pretty,” “San Francisco is small,” etc.
X Pro makes it easy for you to re-run searches that you have previously completed. Click on the search icon located in the navigation bar and your previous searches will be displayed in a drop-down menu. You can always clear your previous searches by clicking on Clear history at the bottom on the drop-down menu.
After you run a search, you can customize your results even further by adding advanced search queries.
- To search for posts mentioning "#SanFrancisco" that link to news stories, type the following in the search box: #SanFrancisco filter:news
- To exclude a search term, use a negative filter type ("-filter:type") in your search query.
- To search for mentions of #space from verified accounts, excluding Reposts, type the following in the search box: #space filter:verified -filter:nativereposts
- To search for mentions of either “red” or “black”, with mentions of either “cold” or “hot”, with at least twenty Reposts, but excluding mentions of “#thedress”, and linking to news sources, type the following in the search box: (red OR black) AND (cold OR hot) min_reposts:20 filter:news -#thedress
View more examples outlined below:
X Pro allows you to manage your Lists easily in one centralized place for all your accounts. You can create Lists in X Pro filtered by by your interests or by particular accounts. Any List that you have set up or followed previously can also be added as separate columns in X Pro.
To create a List on X Pro:
- From the navigation bar, click on the plus icon to select Add column, then click on Lists .
- Click the Create List button.
- Select the X account you would like to create the List for.
- Name the List and give it a description then select if you would like the List to be publicly visible or not (other people can follow your public Lists).
- Click Save.
- Add suggested accounts or search for users to add members to your List, then click Done.
To edit a List on X Pro:
- Click on Lists from the plus icon in the navigation bar.
- Select the List you would like to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Add or remove List members or click Edit Details to change the List name, description, or account. You can also click Delete List.
- When you're finished making changes, click Done.
To designate a List to a column:
- Click on the plus icon to select Add column.
- Click on the Lists option from the menu.
- Select which List you would like to make into a column.
- Click Add Column.
To use a particular List in search:
- Add a search column, then click the filter icon to open the column filter options.
- Click the User filter. icon to open the
- Select By members of List and type the account name followed by the List name. You can only search across your own Lists, or others’ public Lists.
X Pro makes it easy to create an embedded post directly from the app.
- Hover over the post that you wish to embed.
- Click on the more icon .
- Select Embed this post, add copy the code that is displayed.
X Pro allows you to mute posts across the entire application by text source. To access and edit your keyword mutes:
- Click on the gear icon in navigation menu and select Settings.
- Click the Mute tab.
- Select which type of mute you would like to utilize then enter the text of your choice in the given field.
- Click Mute, then click Done.
X Pro lets you mute accounts across all your columns. Account mutes are tied to the account you used to mute.
To mute an account from a profile:
- Click on a username to open their profile.
- Click the profile icon next to the follow button.
- Select Mute @account from the dropdown.
To mute an account from a post:
- Click the more icon from any post.
- Select Mute @account from the dropdown menu.
Note: Muting an account from X Pro will reflect that mute across x.com, X for iOS and Android, X for Mac, and X for Windows. Accounts that you've muted on X will also be muted on X Pro. Any account mutes previously created from the X Pro settings window will continue to work across X Pro, but not across x.com or other X apps. If you have more than one account in your X Pro, muting from a column owned by your secondary account will do so on behalf of that account. Read about advanced muting options on X for more information.
Posts from a specific account
You can designate a column to display a specific account’s posts. Just add a post column and search for the account you would like featured in the search box.
Image search via Google
From an image within a post, you can perform an image search using Google’s search engine.
To search for an image via Google:
- Hover your mouse over the image within a post.
- Click the image.
- In the expanded image view, click the search icon found in the top right corner of the image.
- A Google image search results page will open up in a new web browser.
The following shortcuts work from anywhere within X Pro:
- A: add a column
- S: search
- N: new post
- CTRL/CMD+return: send new post
- ESC: close pop-up/cancel search
- X: expand/collapse navigation menu
- ?: show full keyboard shortcut list
- ;: show command palette
Navigate through posts using the following shortcuts:
- 1-9: navigate through columns 1 through 9
- 0: jump to last column on the right
- Left arrow key: move selection left
- Right arrow key: move selection right
- Up arrow key: move selection up
- Down arrow key: move selection down
When you have selected a post you can perform the following actions using shortcuts:
- Return/Enter: opens selected post
- Backspace/ Delete: takes you back to the main column
- R: directly reply to post from a column
- T: directly repost a post from a column
- F: like the post
- D: Direct Message the post author
- P: show profile for post author