Note: We are early in our launch but growing. Anyone can join, listen, and speak in a Space on Twitter for iOS and Android. Currently you can listen in a Space on Web. We are working on building out more abilities on twitter.com.
Spaces Social Narrative
Twitter Spaces allows me to join or host live audio-only conversations with anyone.
1. When I join a Twitter Space, that means I’ll be a Listener. I can join any Space on Twitter, even those hosted by people I don’t know or follow.
2. I can join a Space by selecting a profile photo with a purple, pulsing outline at the top of my timeline, selecting a link from someone’s Tweet, or a link in a Direct Message (DM).
3. Once I’m in a Space, I can see the profile photos and names of some people in the Space, including myself.
4. I can hear one or multiple people talking at the same time. If it’s too loud or overwhelming, I can turn down my volume.
5. As a Listener, I am not able to speak. If I want to say something, I can send a request to the Host. The Host might not approve my request though.
6. If the Host accepts my request, I will become a Speaker. It may take a few seconds to connect my microphone, so I’ll have to wait.
7. Now I can unmute myself and speak. Everyone in the Space will be able to hear me.
8. When someone says something I want to react to, I can choose an emoji to show everyone how I feel. I will be able to see when other people react as well.
9. I can leave the Space at any time. After I leave, or when the Host ends the Space, I’ll go back to my timeline.
1. When I start a Space, that means I’ll be the Host. Anyone can join my Space, even people I don’t know and people I don’t follow.
2. Once I start my space, it may take a few seconds to be connected, so I’ll have to wait.
3. Now I’m in my Space and I can see my profile photo. If other logged-in, people have joined, I will be able to see their profile photos, too.
4. I will start out muted, which is what the microphone with a slash through it means. I can mute and unmute myself, and anyone in my Space, at any time.
5. I can invite people to join my Space by sending them a Direct Message (DM), sharing the link in a Tweet, and by copying the link and sharing it somewhere else like in an email.
6. Up to 10 other people can have speaking privileges in my Space at the same time, and I can choose who speaks and who doesn’t. People can also request to speak, and I can choose to approve their request or not.
7. When people join my Space, I may hear one or multiple people speaking at the same time. If I think they’re too loud, I can turn down my volume or mute them.
8. I can revoke speaking privileges, and block, remove or report someone if they’re being offensive or disruptive to me or others.
9. When someone says something I want to react to, I can choose an emoji to show everyone how I feel. I will be able to see when other people react as well.
10. When I end my space it will end for everyone.