How to Tweet with your voice
We’re currently testing the option to Tweet audio messages on the Twitter for iOS app. This feature makes it easier to Tweet on the go with your voice.
How to record a voice Tweet
- Tap the Tweet compose icon
- Tap the voice icon
- Tap the red record button to begin recording your message, then tap Done when you’re finished.
- You have the option to add Tweet text and/or start a thread with multiple Tweets. You can record up to 2 minutes and 20 seconds for each individual voice Tweet. If your message is longer than that, it will be automatically threaded up to 25 Tweets.
- When you’re ready, tap Tweet to send.
Note: At this time, you can only record voice Tweets as original Tweets. It’s not possible to Tweet with audio through replies or Quote Tweet.
More about voice Tweets
- Voice Tweets will be published as Tweets with audio attachments that people can play. Your current profile photo will be added as a static image on your audio attachment and will not refresh if you update your profile photo.
- Tapping on someone’s voice Tweet will play the audio message and automatically advance for threaded voice Tweets on iOS.
- On iOS, when you tap play, it will automatically minimize in an audio dock at the bottom of your screen so that you can continue listening as you scroll through Twitter and when you leave the app.