What's in your Home timeline
Home serves Tweets from accounts and Topics you follow as well as recommended Tweets. You’ll also see features that help you manage your Home timeline.
Accounts and Topics you follow
- Your Home timeline displays a stream of Tweets from accounts you have chosen to follow on Twitter. You may see suggested content powered by a variety of signals. You can reply, Retweet, or like a Tweet from within Home.
- You can choose between viewing top Tweets in Home first, or the latest Tweets first in your timeline (available on Twitter for iOS and Android, and twitter.com). Home, or top Tweets, are ones you are likely to care about most, and we choose them based on accounts you interact with frequently, Tweets you engage with, and much more. You can find instructions on how to toggle between the two timeline views below.
- You may see Tweets for Topics you follow, Tweets for Topic suggestions, and a summary of the most interesting Tweets you might not have seen, labeled as In case you missed it.
- You may also see content such as promoted Tweets or Retweets in your timeline.
About content you may see from outside your network
Additionally, when we identify a Tweet, an account to follow, or other content that's popular or relevant, we may add it to your timeline. We select each Tweet using a variety of signals, including how popular it is and how people in your network are interacting with it. We make recommendations to make it easier and faster to find content that contributes to the conversation in a meaningful way, such as content that is relevant, credible, and safe. This means you will sometimes see Tweets from accounts you don't follow. We recommend Tweets to you based on who you already follow and Topics you follow, and don’t recommend content that might be abusive or spammy. We share recommendations via push notifications, your Notifications tab, and by adding them to your Home timeline.
Home timeline features
- Clicking or tapping anywhere on a Tweet in your timeline will take you to the Tweet detail page, so you can see photos, videos, and other information related to that Tweet.
- Use the Bookmarks feature to bookmark Tweets you’d like to refer to later. From a Tweet, tap or click on the share icon ( on iOS and web, on Android) and select Add Tweet to Bookmarks. To view your saved Tweets, tap or click on Bookmarks from your profile icon menu or the left nav. To remove a saved bookmark, tap the share icon from the Tweet within your bookmark timeline and select Remove Tweet from bookmarks. Additionally, you can tap the more icon at the top of your bookmark timeline to remove all of your bookmarks at once.
- You may see events featured at the top of your timeline labeled as Happening now. When available, we’ll show you events and topics we think you might be interested in when you open your Twitter for iOS or Android app. Tap the icon to view why we think you'll be interested in the event, or to hide the event from your timeline. Tap the photo to view conversation surrounding the event.
Where you'll see other timelines
- Timelines can also consist of search results or lists that you've curated.
- When you perform a search, you'll see a timeline of Tweets, Moments, and events that all match your search terms.
- Similarly, when you click or tap on a list, you will see an aggregated stream of Tweets (a timeline) posted by the accounts included in that list.
How to report a Tweet
If you see something in your timeline that might be abusive, spammy, or potentially a violation of the Twitter Rules, follow the instructions below to report it.
Need more help?
If you have more questions about your Home timeline, you can contact our Support team.