Twitter for Android FAQs
- The Twitter for Android app is available for phones running Android OS versions 5.0 and above. Note: We no longer support older versions of Twitter for Android. To experience the most up to date Twitter for Android experience, download the latest version in the store or visit twitter.com in your browser.
- Kindle Fire
- B&N Nooks
Yes! Twitter for Android supports multiple accounts. If you have more than one account added, tap the navigation menu icon
or your profile icon in the top menu. Then, tap on the downward-facing arrow
in the header to access your other accounts. Learn more about managing multiple Twitter accounts.
- If your device included Twitter for Android as a bundled application, it cannot be uninstalled or moved to SD card.
- The option to move to SD would only move the application itself (1.89mb), not the data while using the app. If on SD, the app will lose your login information.
Yes, Twitter for Android supports dark mode. To enable this feature:
- In the top menu, tap your profile icon.
- Tap Settings and privacy.
- Tap the Display and sound tab.
- Tap the Dark mode slider to turn the feature on.
- Choose Dim or Lights out by tapping your preference in Dark mode appearance.
- To turn the feature off, tap the Dark mode option again.
Yes, you can adjust the font size displayed on your Twitter for Android app through your Android’s device settings. If you update the font size through your device settings and do not see the update right away, try restarting your app. Please note: It is no longer possible to update font size directly through your Twitter for Android app.