Twitter for Android FAQs
Is the app available for my version of Android?
- The Twitter for Android app is available for phones running Android OS versions 2.3+
(Note: You can run Twitter on version 2.3 and above, however you will not have the full feature version of Twitter unless you are on version 4.1 and above.)
- Kindle Fire
- B&N Nooks
I have multiple accounts. Can I be logged into all of them at once?
Yes! Twitter for Android supports multiple accounts. If you have more than one account added, tap the navigation menu icon
or your profile icon in the top menu. Then, tap on the downward-facing arrow
in the header to access your other accounts. Learn more about managing multiple Twitter accounts.
My Tweets are protected. How do I view my follower requests?
You can approve/deny follower requests in the app:
- Go to your profile page.
- Tap Follower Requests from the menu to see a list of your requests.
- Approve the request by tapping the checkmark, or deny the request by tapping the X.
How do I remove the app or move it to my SD card?
- If your device included Twitter for Android as a bundled application, it cannot be uninstalled or moved to SD card.
- The option to move to SD would only move the application itself (1.89mb), not the data while using the app. If on SD, the app will lose your login information.
Why isn't my timeline automatically updated when I open the app?
- your timeline if the app is open or running in the background.
- If you leave the app and reopen, just pull down to refresh the timeline.
- This feature helps preserve timeline position when you close and reopen t
Is night mode available on Twitter for Android?
Yes, Twitter for Android supports night mode. To enable this feature:
- In the top menu, you will either see a navigation menu icon
or your profile icon. Tap whichever icon you have.
- Next to Night mode, drag the slider to turn on or off.
Can I change the font size on Twitter for Android?
Yes, you can adjust the font size displayed on your Twitter for Android app through your Android’s device settings. If you update the font size through your device settings and do not see the update right away, try restarting your app. Please note: It is no longer possible to update font size directly through your Twitter for Android app.