Help with logging in
Click below to have a reset link emailed to you, or scroll down for troubleshooting instructions.
I cannot remember the username I used.
- Use your account email address and password to log in here.
- If your password is not working, request a new password by entering your email address in our reset form.
- If our system cannot find your email address, you may be entering the wrong one. Keep reading.
- Use your account's username and password to log in here.
- If that does not work, visit our password request form and enter the username or email addresses or mobile phone number you think you used. Then, check all your email inboxes – we will send password reset instructions to the account's email address.
- If you are prompted to enter a mobile phone number when requesting a password reset, and cannot remember what phone number you used, enter your username or account email address.
- See our 'hacked' help page for next steps, including a quick way to contact us for assistance.
- If you have the Twitter app on your iOS or Android device, open it and update your email address in your Settings. Instructions can be found here.
- If you don’t have (or aren’t logged in to) the Twitter app, try to log in to your Twitter account on twitter.com using just your username and password. As soon as you are logged in, update your email address in your account settings.
- If you have added your mobile number to your account, you can receive an SMS (text message) password reset code. Read more about this here.
- If you have forgotten your password, lost access to your account email, and you do not have a mobile number associated with your account, contact support and we may be able to help you.
- Be sure to check your junk or spam filters on your email inbox. Many small domains filter our emails. Search for any emails from Twitter.
- Enter your email address when requesting a password reset. This will ensure you know which email we are sending to, and are checking the right inbox.
- If you are requesting a password reset to the correct email address but it is not arriving, file a support ticket here.
- Try again – the links in those emails are time-sensitive. Be sure you have not copied and pasted any extra spaces if you copy the link into your browser's URL bar.
- Try logging in from a different browser (we suggest Firefox, which can be downloaded for free) or another computer.
- Make sure your browser accepts cookies. Before saving your new password, you should also try clearing your browser's cache.
- Still not working? File a support ticket here.
- Those locks will clear on their own after an hour or so. Do not request more password resets while you wait.
- Make sure your signup was successful. Check your email inbox for the confirmation we send you when you successfully signed up for an account.