How to embed a Tweet on your website or blog
- Click the icon located within the Tweet.
- From the menu, select Embed Tweet.
- This will open publish.twitter.com where you can customize the look of the embedded Tweet by clicking set customization options.
- If the Tweet is a reply to another Tweet, you can check Hide Conversation to hide the original Tweet.
- Once you like the look of the embedded Tweet, copy the code provided by clicking the Copy Code button.
- Paste the code into your blog or website.
Note: Embedding Tweets is only available via twitter.com.
Examples of embedded Tweets
Reply including original Tweet:
Tweet including media:
Frequently asked questions
Can I embed a Tweet that contains a photo, video, or other media?
Yes! An embedded Tweet can display photos and videos uploaded to Twitter as well as content described by a link.
What if the Tweet I want to embed is part of a conversation (a reply)?
When the embedded Tweet is a reply, the parent Tweet will be displayed above the reply. A permalink will be available on both Tweets to the reply, and a link to the replier’s profile will be available on the reply.
Check the Hide Conversation checkbox when setting customization options on publish.twitter.com to hide the parent Tweet.
Can I embed a Tweet from someone who chooses to protect their Tweets?
Embed code is not available for Tweets from people who choose to protect their Tweets.
What if someone deletes a Tweet, changes their Tweets from public to protected, or the account becomes suspended after the Tweet has been embedded on another website?
Visit our developer site for more information about embedded Tweets.