About Fleets on Twitter
Fleets give you the power to use and interact with Twitter in a whole new way, right in the moment. Fleets allow you to share fleeting or transitory thoughts, and after 24 hours, they’ll disappear from view. Share personal in-the-moment thoughts with your followers free of public reactions. Fleet authors can see who views their Fleets, including accounts with protected Tweets, by clicking into their Fleets and tapping on the Seen By text at the bottom.
- They don’t get Retweets, likes, and are not open to public replies.
- A Fleet can include text, videos, GIFs, or photos. People can reply to your Fleet by tapping on Send a Message or the emoji icon at the bottom of your Fleet.
- If you have open DMs, anyone can react to your Fleets. If you have closed DMs, only people you follow can react to your Fleets.
- People with access to Fleets can see your Fleets in two ways:
- If they follow you, your Fleets will appear in the new bar across the top of their Home timeline.
- Anyone who can see your Tweets can view your Fleets from your profile by tapping on your profile photo.
If you protect your Tweets, your Fleets will also be protected.
To delete a Fleet select Delete Fleet and it will remove the post.
Note: When you view someone’s Fleet, the Fleet author will be able to see that you viewed it using the Seen By feature, even if your account has protected Tweets.
Additionally, please note that we maintain a copy of all sent Fleets for a limited time after they expire or are deleted to be able to enforce against Fleets that are found to violate our rules. If a Fleet was found in violation, we may extend the time we maintain a copy of it to allow people an opportunity to appeal the violation if they believe it was a mistake.