Twitter for Websites — ads info and privacy
What is Twitter for Websites?
Twitter for Websites is a suite of products that enable website publishers to integrate Twitter content into their sites. These products include embedded Tweets, embedded timelines, Tweet buttons, and follow buttons.
What information does Twitter collect through Twitter for Websites and how is that information used?
What are my privacy choices?
Your privacy choices
Note: Please confirm that you are logged in if you want to view or change the web settings for your Twitter account. Changing your Twitter settings in your web browser when you are logged out will only affect behavior on that browser while you are not logged in to Twitter. Learn more about how to access your Personalization and data settings, including in your Twitter mobile app.
- To control whether Twitter stores information about other websites where you’ve seen Twitter content, adjust the Track where you see Twitter content across the web setting in your Personalization and data settings. If you have this setting disabled or are in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, Twitter will not store or use such web page visits to improve your experience in the future. If we’ve previously stored your web browsing history, your experience may continue to be personalized based on information already inferred from that history.
- If you do not want Twitter to show you interest-based ads on and off of Twitter, there are several ways to turn off this feature:
- Using your Twitter settings, visit the Personalization and data settings and adjust the Personalize ads setting.
- If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from Twitter in your current browser.
- On your mobile device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings.
- To control personalization across devices, visit your Personalization and data settings and adjust the Personalize across all your devices setting. This will control whether we link your account to browsers or devices other than the ones you use to log into Twitter (or if you’re logged out, whether we link the browser or device you’re currently using to any other browsers or devices).
Choices for website publishers
In addition to the user options described above, we offer website publishers choices about Twitter’s collection of data from Twitter for Websites products integrated into their sites. Learn more.