How to add the Tweet button to your website
The Tweet button allows you to quickly share the webpage you’re viewing with all of your followers. Clicking the Tweet button provides you with a pre-populated Tweet containing a link to that webpage, which you can customize before sending.
How to put the Tweet button on your site
- Go to https://publish.twitter.com/
- Customize the Tweet button – choose pre-populated text for the message, and confirm which Twitter accounts you'd like to suggest to users. The main account you specify will become an @mention in the Tweet. (By default, we'll use the username of whichever account you're currently logged into in the button.)
- Copy and paste the code into the HTML of your website wherever you would like the button to appear.
- You're done!
Note: The optional Tweet counter for your button captures a sum of all Tweets and retweets of your content, so you can watch the message spread as people share it.
How to use the Tweet button
- When you see the Tweet button on a webpage that you feel like sharing, click it.
- If you're not already logged in to Twitter, you will be prompted by a pop-up box to log in.
- A Tweet box will appear for you to post a Tweet linking to the webpage you visited. Your remaining characters are counted in the bottom right. Edit the Tweet if you would like to.
- When your Tweet is ready, click “Tweet.”
- The box will then show you information about related Twitter accounts – you may follow these users, or simply close the box.
- Continue browsing the web. If you’d like to confirm that your Tweet posted correctly, visit your twitter.com profile.