Help with logging in
I cannot remember the username I used.
- Use your account email address and password to log into Twitter.
- If your password is not working, request a new password by entering your email address in our reset form.
- If our system cannot find your email address, you may be entering the wrong one. Keep reading.
I cannot remember the email address I used on my account.
- Use your account's username and password to log into Twitter.
- If that does not work, visit our password request form and enter the username or email addresses or mobile phone number you think you used. Then, check all your email inboxes – we will send password reset instructions to the account's email address.
I cannot remember the phone number I used on my account.
- If you are prompted to enter a mobile phone number when requesting a password reset, and cannot remember what phone number you used, enter your username or account email address.
I think my account has been hacked!
- See our 'hacked' help page for next steps, including a quick way to contact us for assistance.
I have lost access to the email address I used when I signed up
- If you have the Twitter app on your iOS or Android device, open it and update your email address in your Settings. Learn how to update your email address.
- If you don’t have (or aren’t logged in to) the Twitter app, try to log in to your Twitter account on twitter.com using just your username and password. As soon as you are logged in, update your email address in your account settings.
- If you have added your mobile number to your account, you can receive an SMS (text message) password reset code.
- If you have forgotten your password, lost access to your account email, and you do not have a mobile number associated with your account, contact support and we may be able to help you.
I requested a new password reset, but it has not arrived in my email inbox.
- Be sure to check your junk or spam filters on your email inbox. Many small domains filter our emails. Search for any emails from Twitter.
- Enter your email address when requesting a password reset. This will ensure you know which email we are sending to, and are checking the right inbox.
- If you are requesting a password reset to the correct email address but it is not arriving, file a support ticket.
I am receiving the password reset emails but I still cannot log in!
- Try again – the links in those emails are time-sensitive. Be sure you have not copied and pasted any extra spaces if you copy the link into your browser's URL bar.
- Try logging in from a different browser (we suggest Firefox, which can be downloaded for free) or another computer.
- Make sure your browser accepts cookies. Before saving your new password, you should also try clearing your browser's cache.
- Still not working? File a support ticket.
I try to log in and I get a "Locked out!" error message.
Those locks will clear on their own after an hour or so. Do not request more password resets while you wait.
I just made a new account, but have not been able to log in yet.
- Make sure your signup was successful. Check your email inbox for the confirmation we send you when you successfully signed up for an account.