How to manage your mobile notification preferences
How to change mobile notification preferences via web
- Go to your Settings and privacy.
- Go to the Mobile tab.
- If your mobile device is connected to your Twitter account, you'll see options to change your Mobile notifications preferences.
- Click on the box next to the mobile notifications you want to receive and/or turn off.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
How to change mobile notification preferences via SMS
- To change your mobile notification preferences from your phone, send a text message with the word ON or OFF to your Twitter short or long code.
- If you're using a two-way short code, Twitter will reply to let you know your preferences have been changed (as shown below).
- Text OFF if you do not want to receive any account activity notifications from Twitter via SMS.
- Text ON to turn all updates back on once they've been turned off.
नोट: If your phone number is attached to more than one account, only the account most recently linked to this phone number can perform SMS commands and receive SMS notifications for account activity like Direct Messages, new followers, Retweets, etc. Any other accounts you have associated with your phone number will not be able to edit Text notifications settings. Each account that has your phone number associated with it will still receive SMS text messages for password reset requests or security features like login verification.
The following commands allow you to opt into receiving specific notifications on your mobile phone. When sending one of the following commands remember to add either ON, OFF, or ALL. For example: Text “SET RETWEETS OFF" to your short code. This will turn off notifications in the instance that one of your Tweets is Retweeted.
SET TWEETS - Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications
SET LIKES - Your Tweet is marked as a like
SET FOLLOWS - Someone new follows you
SET MENTIONS – Someone mentions or replies to you
SET MESSAGES – Someone sends you a direct message
SET RETWEETS – Your Tweet is retweeted
Still having trouble?
Learn more about how to solve common problems with using Twitter for SMS.