Note: Reposts may appear differently in third-party applications, and will show up in apps only if they are using X's Repost API. Many apps have built in their own version of reposting—those posts are not treated as official reposts on X. To test, try reposting from a third-party app, then check your profile on the web.
Where do Reposts appear?
Posts reposted by other people:
- You can see posts people you follow have reposted and quote posted in your Home timeline.
- Repost and Quote posts, like regular posts, will not show up from accounts you have blocked.
Your posts that others have reposted and quote posted:
- Go to your Notifications tab. There you will see all activity concerning your posts—including which have recently been reposted and by whom.
- From the post detail page, you’ll be able to see how many Reposts of your post there are, in additon to how many quote posts there are.
- To view who reposted you, tap the Reposts tab.
- To view who quote posted you, tap the Quote posts tab.
How do I turn Reposts off?
- You can turn off Reposts for a specific account if you don’t like what they share. Select Turn off Reposts from an account profile page to stop seeing posts they've Reposted (tap the gear icon on iOS or click or tap the overflow icon on web and Android).
- Turning reposts on or off is not retroactive, meaning that you can't remove reposts that are already in your timeline.
- It is not possible to turn off ALL reposts from ALL accounts.
How can I undo or delete my Repost?
- You can undo a Repost you've made by clicking on the highlighted Repost icon in the post. This will remove the Repost from your timeline, but will not delete the original post.
Why can I no longer see my Repost?
- If the original post was deleted by its author or otherwise removed from the service, or if the original post author’s account was deleted or suspended, your Repost will no longer be available.
Why can't some posts be Reposted?
- If you see the lock icon next to someone's name on their profile page or on their posts, their posts are protected and you will not be able to Repost their content.
- If your posts are protected, you can still repost and Quote post. Only people you have allowed to follow you will be able to view them.
- You can see protected posts from an account you follow in your timeline because that account has accepted your follow request, but because they have chosen not to share their posts publicly, their posts cannot be reposted by you or anyone else.
Are there limits on Reposts?
- There is no limit to the number of times a post can be reposted, but X will only show up to the most recent 100 people who reposted any public post.
- Reposts are counted toward your 1,000 posts per day limit.