About your For you timeline on Twitter
For you serves Tweets from accounts and Topics you follow as well as recommended Tweets. You’ll also see features that help you manage your For you timeline.
- Your For you timeline displays a stream of Tweets from accounts you have chosen to follow on Twitter. You may see suggested content powered by a variety of signals.
- You can choose between your For you or Following timelines. For you shows Tweets based on recommendations of accounts you follow or topics you’re interested in. Your Following timeline displays Tweets from only the accounts you follow.
- When you close Twitter on the For you or Following tabs, you will return to whichever timeline you had open last.
- You may also see content such as promoted Tweets or Retweets in your timeline.
- Clicking or tapping the area where the Tweet text appears in your timeline will take you to the Tweet detail page, so you can see photos, videos, and other information related to that Tweet.
- Use the Bookmarks feature to save Tweets you’d like to refer to later. After opening a Tweet on iOS to view Tweet details, tap the Bookmark icon to save the Tweet. On web and Android, tap or click the share icon and select Add Tweet to Bookmarks. To view your saved Tweets, select Bookmarks in your navigation menu. To remove a saved Bookmark on iOS, simply tap the Bookmark icon . On web and Android, tap the share icon from the Tweet within your bookmark timeline and select Remove Tweet from bookmarks. Additionally, you can tap the more icon at the top of your bookmark timeline to remove all of your bookmarks at once.
- You may see events featured at the top of your timeline labeled as Happening now. When available, we’ll show you events and topics we think you might be interested in when you open your Twitter for iOS or Android app. Tap the icon to view why we think you'll be interested in the event, or to hide the event from your timeline. Tap the photo to view conversation surrounding the event.
How to switch between timelines
It's easy to see the Tweets you want to see. Click or swipe between tabs to see Tweets recommended “For you” or Tweets from the accounts you’re “Following". When you close Twitter on the For you or Following tabs, you will return to whichever timeline you had open last.
How to report a Tweet
If you see something in your timeline that might be abusive, spammy, or potentially a violation of the Twitter Rules, follow the instructions below to report it.
- Navigate to the Tweet you’d like to report.
- Tap the icon located at the top of the Tweet.
- Select Report Tweet and follow the steps shown so we can gather all the relevant information about the issue.
Need more help?
If you have more questions about your For you timeline, you can contact our Support team.