Super Broadcaster program on Periscope
What is the Super Broadcaster program?
The Super Broadcaster program allows select broadcasters who have applied and been approved to exchange their star balance earned from Super Hearts for cash.
Please note that you can send and receive Super Hearts without being part of the Super Broadcaster Program.
How do I apply?
You can apply for the Super Broadcaster Program by logging in to your account at pscp.tv and going to www.pscp.tv/i/super/apply. Once logged into your web profile, you can also go to your profile drop down menu and select Super Broadcasters to access the application page.
Please note that you can still receive and send Super Hearts even if you are not yet eligible for the program.
To become a part of the program, you’ll need to complete a two-part application process: one part with Periscope and one part with our payments processor, Tipalti. For the Periscope section you’ll need to complete a questionnaire for our team to review. If you’re approved, you’ll be prompted to complete the Tipalti section. This second section will require you to submit payment and tax information.
You’ll also need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of: US, Canada, the EU, Argentina, Bolivia, Belize, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, El Salvador, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay or Venezuela.
- You must broadcast in English, French, or Spanish.
- You must have an active Periscope account for at least 30 days before applying.
- You must have a minimum star balance of 185,000.
- You must have created at least 5 broadcasts that are publicly available over the course of the last 30 days before applying.
- You must have an average of 50 live viewers and 75 replay viewers per public broadcast.
- You must not have any previous violations of our Community Guidelines and you must agree to abide by them and our Super Broadcaster Program Community Guidelines going forward.
- You must accept and adhere to our Terms of Service and the Super Broadcaster Program Terms.
- You must successfully complete the cash out application process.
How do I exchange my star balance for cash?
To redeem your star balance you must be part of the Super Broadcaster Program.
Broadcasters will be paid out via our payments processor, Tipalti on a 30-day schedule using one of the following payment methods: ACH, eCheck, PayPal, or wire transfer. Please note that eCheck and wire transfer based payments may result in additional fees that the broadcaster is responsible for paying.
Our earning and payment cycles are aligned to calendar months (first to last day of the month). Super Broadcasters who meet the minimum cash out requirement will receive their payment after the end of the following payment cycle. Depending on the payment method selected, it will take up to six days for the payment to be fully processed and for the funds to show up in the receiving account.
For example, if stars are collected between September 1 and September 30, payments will be executed on October 31 and it may take up to 6 days after that for processing to complete.
Pay periods are based off a single time zone known as UTC. If your broadcast ends outside of the pay period according to UTC time, regardless of when it ended in your local time, the funds associated will not be paid until a subsequent pay period.
If you have questions specific to cash out transactions on your account, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Our commitment to our broadcasters
Our goal is to support our community and give as much as possible to broadcasters. Starting with our November payments cycle, Periscope will only take a $1 cut per Super Broadcaster payout to cover the cost of processing monthly payments and to continue operating the Super Broadcasters program. All remaining earnings will go to broadcasters.
- 30% in-app purchase fees (Apple/Google)
- $1 flat administrative fee (Periscope)
- Remainder is paid to the Super Broadcaster
Super Broadcaster bonus
Super Broadcasters who earn one million or more stars per month are eligible to receive a $100 bonus. Super Broadcasters who earn three million or more stars per month are eligible for an additional $250 bonus ($350 total). Bonuses will be based on the earnings for each month— not the pre-existing star balance.
Where can I get answers about my coin balance?
You will be able to see your coin balance in the app; only you can see your coin balance. Also, you cannot see other broadcasters’ coin balance.
Since coins are purchased directly through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, coin purchase transactions must be reconciled between you and Apple or Google.
Where can I see my star and transaction history?
You can see your All-Time Stars by going to your Periscope profile and tapping on Stars. If you have star balance greater than zero, you can tap on Star History below your balance to see a history of the stars you’ve received with the date they were received and the title of the broadcast in which they were received. Only you will be able to see your star balance. Please note that you will forfeit your entire star balance when you post content that violates our Community Guidelines and your star value for broadcasts that you delete.
If you’re part of the Super Broadcaster Program, you will see your All-Time Stars, Current Star Balance, and Cash Outs when you go to your Periscope profile and tap on Stars. You can also tap on Star and Cash Outs History below Cash Outs to see a history of the stars you’ve received with the date they were received, the title of the broadcast in which they were received and a history of all cash out transactions.
I lost my star balance. What happened?
You will lose your star balance when:
- You violate any of our Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, or Super Heart Terms. Super Broadcasters may lose their star balance if they violate our Super Broadcaster Program Terms or Super Broadcaster Community Guidelines.
- You delete the broadcast in which you earned the star balance.
If your account is permanently suspended you will forfeit both your star and coin balances.
How do I change my personal payment information?
You can update your personal payment information by logging in to pscp.tv and going to www.periscope.tv/i/super/apply. At the bottom of this page you’ll be able to access a link that will allow you to update your payment information.