How to use mobile.twitter.com on a feature phone
Twitter's mobile website will look different if you are using a feature phone. We've detailed the differences below.
Read about using mobile.twitter.com with a smartphone.
Home timeline and navigation
When you log in to your account on mobile.twitter.com, you will see your Home timeline and a navigation menu at the top of the screen.
- Select the Home tab to navigate directly to your Home timeline.
- The Notifications tab is where you can view your interactions and mentions.
- Your profile icon will take you to your profile, where you can also access your likes and Direct Messages.
- The Tweet icon allows you to draft and send Tweets.
Posting a Tweet, replying to a Tweet, Retweeting, and liking a Tweet
To post a Tweet:
- Tap on the Tweet icon on the top right of the screen. This will bring up the compose new Tweet box.
- Enter your message and then tap Tweet.
- The message will be posted to your Twitter profile and in the Home timeline of your followers.
To reply, Retweet, or like a Tweet:
- Locate the Tweet you'd like to take action on in your Home timeline.
- In the bottom of the Tweet you'll see the option to reply, Retweet, or like a Tweet.
Following, unfollowing, and blocking
To follow and/or unfollow:
- Tap the name or profile photo of that user to view their profile.
- Tap the follow icon on their profile page.
- To unfollow, simply follow the steps above and select Unfollow.
- Go to the profile of the person you wish to block.
- Select the Block option.
To send a Direct Message:
- Go to your profile page.
- Select Direct Messages.
- You will then see a message composer and your Direct Message inbox directly below that.
- Type in the name of the person you'd like to send a message to.
- Select Send to send the message.
- You can also go directly to the profile of the person you with to message and tap Send msg.
To reply to a Direct Message:
- Locate a Direct Message you'd like to reply to in your Direct Message inbox.
- Select View messages.
- Compose your reply in the reply box.
- Tap Send.
To delete a Direct Message:
- Locate the Direct Message you'd like to delete.
- Tap Delete at the bottom of the message.
To access your account settings:
- Go to the bottom of any page and tap on the Settings option.
- From here, you can access and edit your name, username, email address, and more.
To access and edit your other settings, such as location, bio, etc. you will need to log in to twitter.com via a computer and click Settings and privacy.