Tweet authors have the option to hide replies to their Tweets. Everyone can still access hidden replies through the hidden reply icon, which shows up on the original Tweet when there are hidden replies. Additionally, the Tweet author can unhide a reply at any time. When a Tweet author hides a reply, the author of the reply will not be notified.
How to hide a reply
- From a reply to one of your Tweets, click or tap the icon.
- Select hide reply and confirm.
- To view your hidden replies, click or tap the hidden reply icon which will be available in the bottom-right of your original Tweet.
How to unhide a reply
- Click or tap the hidden reply icon
- Click or tap the icon from the reply you’d like to unhide.
- Select Unhide reply.
When hidden replies won’t be available within the hidden reply page
- Hidden replies from a protected account will not be available within the hidden replies page, which is behind the hidden reply icon Similarly, if a hidden reply is then deleted by the author, it will also no longer show up in that section.
- If you hide a reply and that account mutes or blocks you, you’ll be unable to view or unhide that reply.
When hidden replies will have a notice
- A hidden reply will be replaced by a notice, which is a message stating the Tweet is unavailable, when viewed from the Home timeline only when another account replies to it (which can be done from the hidden reply page).
- If a hidden reply is not replied to by anyone else, it will not be replaced by a notice in the Home timeline.
Note: This feature is available via Twitter for iOS, Twitter for Android, and twitter.com. This feature is not available on Tweetdeck.