Managing multiple accounts on TweetDeck
Select a default account:
You can select which of your accounts to use as your default account. This is the account you will compose a Tweet from, like a Tweet from, and reply to Tweets with.
- Click Accounts in the navigation bar.
- Expand the account you wish to set as the default by clicking the down arrow.
- Toggle on the Default account option.
Tweeting from multiple accounts:
TweetDeck allows you to easily Tweet from multiple accounts. To select which accounts you would like to Tweet from:
- Click on the Tweet button at the top of the navigation bar; the accounts you have authorized will be listed at the top (you can hover over an icon to see the username of the account).
- Select which account you would like to Tweet from (if the account is selected, it will be highlighted with a green checkmark).
Tip: Schedule Tweets (with or without an asset) in advance for any account connected to your TweetDeck.
Liking from multiple accounts:
TweetDeck allows you to like a Tweet from multiple accounts.
- Click on the more icon on the Tweet.
- From the menu that pops up, click on Like from accounts…
- Click Like next to the account(s) you’d like to like from.
Following from multiple accounts:
TweetDeck allows you to follow someone from multiple accounts. You can also follow someone by clicking follow on their profile, but only your default account will follow them.
- Click on the account that you wish to follow; a profile will appear.
- Click on the more icon and then select Follow from accounts...
- Choose which accounts you would like to follow from.
Note: The same instructions apply when unfollowing an account.
Why is it more secure to log in with a personal Twitter username?
If you log in using a personal username that only you have the password for, you can safely access your team accounts without any risk to account security. We recommend that you use login verification for added security.
How to create a Tweet in TweetDeck
The Tweet Composer in TweetDeck makes it easy to join the conversation, whether you want to share what’s happening with words, images, GIFs, Emojis, Threads, Polls, and more.
- Click Tweet while logged into your Twitter account.
- If you’re logged into multiple accounts, confirm the Twitter account you’d like to Tweet from is selected.
- Compose your Tweet with text. Add an emoji by clicking on . Include an image or video by selecting , add a GIF by tapping , or add a poll with .
- To create a thread, click on to add the next Tweet in your thread.
- Click Tweet to share.
Using TweetDeck columns
Instead of a single timeline, TweetDeck allows you to add columns to display specific content that interests you and view them side by side. Add columns that show all your mentions, the results of a search query, a list of likes, the latest Tweets from a hashtag or trend, etc.
To add a column:
- From the navigation bar, click on the plus icon to select Add column.
- Select the type of column you would like to add.
- Under Your accounts, select the account you wish to populate the column.