X is currently testing an autoblock feature called Safety Mode in select regions. X detects and blocks potentially abusive or spammy accounts from joining your conversations on X.
Now, when you send a post that generates unwelcome interactions, you may not need to manually block those accounts to stop the unwelcome interactions because X will do it for you. Autoblocks last for 7 days, and they won’t impact people you follow or interact with regularly.
Safety Mode highlights
- X does the work, autoblocks come from us.
- Autoblocks are temporary (unlike manual account blocks which you manage).
- If we get it wrong, you can remove the autoblock from the account.
- Autoblocked accounts can’t interact with you, and won’t:
- see your posts
- follow you
- send you Direct Messages
- Autoblocked accounts will only see that “X has autoblocked” them, rather than you.
- Existing replies from autoblocked accounts move to the bottom of the conversation.