“Free followers” apps
Some apps claim they will give you more followers. Using these apps can be harmful and often cause accounts to break the Twitter Rules.
Here are some additional risks involved with using these types of apps:
- Your account may become compromised.
- Your account may automatically post messages containing spammy URLs, be forced to randomly and aggressively follow other accounts and Retweet and like other Tweets.
- Your account may gain followers which are fake or compromised.
- Your account may be forced to authenticate additional apps.
- Your account may accrue large numbers of blocks and become suspended.
If you think you might be using a “free followers” app, review your apps and revoke its access to your account as soon as possible. You can also learn how to revoke an app's access to your account.