You can report directly from an individual post, List, or profile for certain violations, including: spam, abusive or harmful content, inappropriate ads, self-harm and impersonation. For information about reporting other types of violations, see the How to report specific types of violations section below.
How to report individual posts for violations:
Learn how to report posts, Lists, or Direct Messages for violations.
How to report media for violations:
Learn how to report posts for media, and read the X media policy.
How to report profiles for violations:
- Open the profile you’d like to report.
- Select the overflow icon
- Select Report and then select the type of issue you’d like to report.
- If you select They’re being abusive or harmful, we’ll ask you to provide additional information about the issue you’re reporting. We may also ask you to select additional posts from the account you’re reporting so we have better context to evaluate your report.
- We will include the text of the posts you reported in our follow-up emails and notifications to you. To opt-out of receiving this information, please uncheck the box next to Updates about this report can show these posts.
- Once you’ve submitted your report, we’ll provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your X experience.