Eligibility requirements for participants in the Twitter Spaces Spark Program are defined below. These requirements have been developed to ensure that participants can derive the utmost value from the program, reduce likelihood of conduct and content related harms for people on Twitter, and enable learning and iteration on the program and policy in the future.
Note: Meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the Twitter Spaces Spark Program.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- Your account has 5,000 or more active followers.
- You are located in the US for Phase 1 of the Twitter Spaces Spark Program.
- You commit to host a minimum of 2 Spaces per week that run a minimum of 30 minutes.
- You have a complete profile with an account name, a bio, a profile picture, and a header image.
- You agree to set up and provide confirmation of a Stripe account to receive payment.
- You have a verified email address. Learn how to verify your email address.
- You have secured your account by enabling two-factor authentication. Learn how to enable two-factor authentication.
- You do not have a history of repeatedly violating the Twitter user agreement or Twitter’s Content Monetization Standards.
- You have not previously been removed as an advertiser on Twitter for violations of our Ads policies or as a publisher on Twitter for violations of our brand safety policies.
- Your profile does not feature the identity of another person, brand, or organization, nor does it use a fake identity that is intended to deceive others. Profiles that feature animals or fictional characters are ineligible, unless directly affiliated with your brand or organization. Parody and fan accounts are not eligible for the Twitter Spaces Spark Program.
- Your account is not a state-affiliated media account.
All participants in the Twitter Spaces Spark Program must comply with the requirements described and referenced on this page. Should you violate any one of these requirements, act in a manner directly counter to Twitter’s purpose or principles, or otherwise act in a way we deem potentially harmful to Twitter or its customers, we may take some or all of the enforcement actions outlined below.
Eligibility requirement enforcement
If you do not meet eligibility requirements, you will not be able to participate in the Twitter Spaces Spark Program. If you are initially accepted into the program, but later Twitter finds that you do not meet eligibility requirements, we may pause your ability to participate.
Conduct and content requirement enforcement
Depending on context, severity, and history of violative behavior, we may:
- Limit amplification of your Space via algorithmic recommendations to accounts that do not follow you.
- Pause or permanently revoke your participation in the Twitter Spaces Spark Program.
- Pause or permanently revoke your ability to participate as a host of Spaces.
- Pause or permanently revoke your access to Twitter products that enable people to support you with their money.
- Pause or permanently revoke your access to Twitter.
If your account is compromised
If we detect that your account may be compromised, we will pause your participation in the Twitter Spaces Spark Program and disable monetization features temporarily until your account is restored.