Thank you for taking the time to learn about Twitter’s policy for Super Follows on Twitter. Through Super Follows, you can provide an extra level of content, access and conversation for paying subscribers.
In order to ensure that people and organizations can participate in the public conversation freely and safely, we have a set of policies all creators who utilize Super Follows must adhere to, including eligibility requirements and content and conduct requirements.
Note: We anticipate learning from our beta launch of Super Follows, and we will update this policy based on learnings.
Beta eligibility requirements
Beta eligibility requirements for Super Follows creators are defined below. These requirements have been developed to ensure that beta participants can derive the utmost value from the feature, reduce likelihood of conduct and content related harms for people on Twitter, and enable learning and iteration on the feature and policy in the future. Note that meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance as a Super Follows creator.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have a complete profile with an account name, a bio, a profile picture, and a header image.
- You have a verified email address. Learn how to verify your email address.
- You have secured your account by enabling two-factor authentication. Learn how to enable two-factor authentication.
- You do not have a history of repeatedly violating the Twitter user agreement or Twitter’s Content monetization standards.
- You have not previously been removed as an advertiser on Twitter for violations of our Ads policies or as a publisher on Twitter for violations of our brand safety policies.
- Your profile does not feature the identity of another person, brand, or organization, nor does it use a fake identity that is intended to deceive others. Profiles that feature animals or fictional characters are ineligible, unless directly affiliated with your brand or organization. Parody and fan accounts are not eligible for Super Follows.
- Your account is not a state-affiliated media account.
- You have a Twitter account that has been active for 3 months or more.
- You maintain 10,000 active followers or more.
- You have posted 25 Tweets in the past 30 days.
Super Follows is currently only open to U.S. creators. Twitter prohibits individuals and entities from using Super Follows in violation of applicable laws, regulations, and/or the Super Follows creator terms.
Conduct and content requirements
- Your conduct and content must be in compliance with the Twitter user agreement, including Twitter Rules. Among other requirements drawn out of Twitter Rules:
- You must not request money or engagements in exchange for content or behavior that is (a) illegal, or (b) physically, psychologically, informationally, or economically harmful to you, other people or animals. In other words, soliciting money or engagements in exchange for illegal or harmful content or behavior is prohibited.
- You must not engage in fraud or deception. Do not mislead people into engaging with or compensating you. This includes not misleading people about which people or what entities are receiving compensation associated with your profile.
- You must only monetize content that is original and authentic, or otherwise content that you have the rights to monetize. If you share third party content (as background audio, for example, in a video you post to your Super Followers), you must have the appropriate legal rights to do so.
- You must adhere to Twitter’s Content monetization standards for all Super Follows content.
- You must comply with the Super Follows creator terms.
- If you advertise on Twitter, you must follow Twitter’s Ads policies. (Note that you must not promote Super Follows content through Twitter Ads.)
- If you are a part of Twitter’s Amplify Publisher Program, you must follow Twitter’s brand safety policies. (Note that Super Follows content must not be monetized through the Twitter Amplify Program.)
All Super Follows creators must comply with the requirements described and referenced on this page. Should you violate any one of these requirements, act in a manner directly counter to Twitter’s purpose or principles, or otherwise act in a way we deem potentially harmful to Twitter or its customers, we may take some or all of the enforcement actions outlined below.
Eligibility requirement enforcement
If you do not meet eligibility requirements, you will not be able to be a Super Follows creator. If you are initially accepted to be a Super Follows creator but later Twitter finds that you do not meet eligibility requirements, we may pause your ability to participate.
Conduct and content requirement enforcement
Depending on context, severity, and history of violative behavior, we may:
- Limit amplification of your account via algorithmic recommendations to accounts that do not follow you.
- Pause or permanently revoke your ability to participate as a Super Follows creator.
- Pause or permanently revoke your access to other Twitter products that enable people to support you with their money.
- Pause or permanently revoke your access to Twitter.
- Hide violating content while it is awaiting removal.
- Remove, or require you to remove, violative content.
If your account is compromised
If we detect that your account may be compromised, we will disable monetization features temporarily until your account is restored.