Please keep in mind that content which is not permitted under the X Rules may not be monetized. In addition, the following categories of content are also restricted for monetization purposes.
I. llegal or restricted content:
(a) Illegal or restricted goods & services: you must not monetize content which favorably portrays or promotes using or transacting in illegal or restricted goods and services. Illegal or restricted products and services include, but are not limited to:
- Cannabis and other recreational drugs;
- Weapons and explosives;
- Gambling, betting, lottery, or raffle products and services;
- Prescription drugs and medications.
(b.) Criminal behaviors: you must not monetize content which depicts or describes criminal behaviors including but not limited to:
- Child abuse and sexual depiction of minors;
- Human or animal abuse, or advocacy of harm to humans or animals;
- Human trafficking;
- Piracy and copyright infringement.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. For example, content depicting recreational use of alcohol, educational content about prescription drug use or advocacy campaigns against human trafficking, may be permitted.
2. Violent or graphic content: you must not monetize depictions of excessively violent or graphic content involving humans or animals. This includes but is not limited to:
- Serious injury or excessive bloodshed;
- Extreme body modification.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis, for content which is newsworthy, fictional - such as films or video games; or involves professional sports.
3. Sensitive events: you must not monetize content relating to tragedy, conflict or mass violence. This includes but is not limited to:
- Natural or industrial disasters;
- Violent attacks against civilians;
- Civic disorder;
- War and armed conflict.
Exceptions may be made for requests for donations as an authentic means to raise awareness or help those impacted by tragedy.
4. False, misleading or unsubstantiated claims: you must not monetize content which makes false, misleading or unsubstantiated claims about a product or service, and which have the potential to cause harm. This includes but is not limited to:
- Unrealistic claims about a product or service;
- Miracle cures;
- Pyramid schemes or get-rich-quick schemes.
5. Unowned or unlicensed content: you must not monetize content you do not have the rights to monetize. If you share third party content (as background audio, for example, in a video you post to your subscribers), you must have the appropriate legal rights to do so. Learn more about X’s policies on intellectual property here.
6. Adult or sexually suggestive content: you must not monetize pornography, or content depicting sex toys, nudity or implied sexual acts.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for academic, educational or otherwise non-pornographic content pertaining to sex. For example, content about contraceptives or educational content pertaining to dating and marriage may be permitted.