About Notifications delivered as SMS messages
Once you have a phone number attached to your account, you may choose to receive notifications delivered as SMS text messages alerting you to activity around your account (like Retweets, mentions, likes, etc.). Learn how to attach a phone number to your account.
How to change notifications from twitter.com
- Go to your Settings page.
- Click the Mobile tab.
- In the Text notifications section, check the boxes for each type of notification you would like to receive.
- For some notifications (such as mentions or Retweets), you can choose between receiving notifications Only from people I follow or From anyone.
- To turn off SMS text message notifications for your account activity, make sure all the boxes in the Text notifications section are unchecked and click Save changes.
Note: You can also receive Tweet notifications from accounts you follow. To enable, visit their profile and click the gear icon and then click Turn on mobile notifications. To turn off, click the gear icon, then click Turn off mobile notifications.
Change notifications via SMS
- To turn Direct Message notifications on, send set messages on to your short code.
- To turn Direct Message notifications off, send set messages off to your short code.
- To turn general notifications on, send ON to your short code.
- To turn general notifications off, send OFF to your short code.
Note: If you attempt to change your SMS notification settings on twitter.com or in Twitter for iOS or Android and receive a message that Only the account most recently linked to this phone number can receive SMS notifications, it means your phone number is linked to multiple accounts and only the most recently linked account can edit these settings. Learn more about linking a phone number to multiple accounts.