What if I can't log in to my account with my username?
Why can't I select the username I want?
- Some usernames may be unavailable for use because they are taken by other users or are unavailable for other reasons. Learn tips for selecting an available username.
- Trying to change your username on a mobile device? We're sorry, but the ability to change your username is not currently supported on X's mobile apps. You'll need to log in via x.com or mobile.x.com in order to change your username.
How do I swap the username from one X account I own to another?
If you're trying to move a username from one of your accounts to another of your accounts, you can do this yourself.
- Log into the account that currently has the desired username.
- Change the username to something else (try adding a number or underscore). This will immediately free up the username for use by other accounts.
- Log into your other account and change the username to the desired username.
Note: Once you’ve changed your username, it returns to general circulation and may be selected by another account.
Deactivating an account will not immediately free up the username.