How to update your email preferences
How to change your email preferences
- Select Settings and privacy from the drop down menu.
- Click or tap Notifications.
- Click or tap on Email notifications from the settings sidebar.
- Toggle Email notifications on or off.
- Check/uncheck or toggle on/off the notification boxes to reflect your email preferences.
- Changes are automatically saved.
Бележка: You can also adjust your notification settings by clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email footer, which unchecks the notification setting for that particular type of notification. You can opt out of most communications from Twitter. As part of providing the Twitter service, we may need to send you certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages.
Activity related to you and your Tweets
You can receive notifications when your Tweets or Retweets are Retweeted or liked, when you are mentioned in a Tweet, if you are followed by someone new, or when someone from your contacts joins Twitter. These are collected on your Notifications page.
As of June 2017, Twitter now sends a digest email referencing all your unread notifications about activity related to your account, instead of separate emails for each type and instance. This is to reduce the noise of Twitter email in your inbox.
Managing your subscription to the digest:
- You’ll receive the digest email if your settings were enabled to receive all individual activity email notification types. If you previously opted-in to receive all of the individual activity email types for notifications, you qualify for this digest email.
- Control receiving this digest by navigating to your Settings and privacy via twitter.com. From the Email notifications tab, select or deselect “Email me when I have new notifications”.
Digest emails do not apply to Direct Messages. You will receive a notification email every time you receive a new message, if your settings are enabled.
Activity from your network
Twitter is one of the premier places to get up-to-date news from around the world in real time. These emails help sum up what's going on on Twitter and keep you in the loop on what’s most relevant and popular in the moment!
Updates from Twitter
Occasionally, Twitter has some exciting news about new products or features from Twitter or one of our partners, tips for becoming a Twitter expert, or suggestions for relevant and interesting accounts to follow, such as those of people that you may already know. If you haven’t signed into Twitter in a while, we might send you an update with things you’ve missed on Twitter that we think you might enjoy. We may also email you about participation in one of our occasional user research surveys, which help make Twitter better. With these updates, we want to make sure you know about the latest and greatest from Twitter.
When will I receive email notifications?
You may receive emails from Twitter for the types of communications selected in your settings under email notifications. You may also receive occasional service announcements and administrative messages from Twitter, such as emails asking you to confirm the email address associated with your account or emails notifying you of a password change.
If you enable notifications for Retweets, replies or mentions, likes, or follows, you may not receive a notification for every Retweet, reply or mention, like, or follow. In an effort to send you email only when it's most relevant, we may not, for example, notify you of mentions by accounts that are new or have not yet confirmed the email address associated with their account. We are constantly experimenting with email notifications to strike the right balance in keeping you up to date.